Career Leverage (Employer Provided)
Career Leverage (Employer Provided)
Successful organisations position themselves to leverage succession planning through transparent and supportive career progression across their entire employee base.
These are the key requirements you, as a business leader will need to invest in:
- Fulfill a duty of care to your employees and signal this support to others in the organisation during succession, mobility and transition.
- Your employee’s ability to embrace transition when it is more beneficial for the organisation.
- Your employee’s ability to agree to 'let go' when the time is right for a move and succession.
- Expertise, IP and relationships being willingly passed on during change.
If you have answered “yes” to any of these questions, then the Career Leverage programme makes good business sense, benefiting your organisation and your employees. It will help you to prepare your executives for the remainder of their career and demonstrate to others a supportive career path enabling you to retain and develop talent. They will feel more in control of their careers and better prepared for whatever lays ahead.
The questions you should consider when assessing employee suitability
Would your employee be able to tick any of these?
If your employee answered yes to any of the questions above it's likely they will want to re-set their life goals and to leverage their career, defining what they know, what they like, when and with whom they'd like to do it.
Often, when people stop working full-time they still want to do some kind of ‘work’, be it paid or unpaid. ‘Work’ in this context can mean any time they are using their talents, experience, time or wisdom to benefit others.
What will it look like – part time, full time, doing what – more of the same or something different, how different?
Bottom line – they are goal and action oriented, so they do need to feel valued, in control, and they need to make it happen rather than change being forced upon them.
The objective of this coaching programme is to empower your employee to move out of the chair they may have been occupying for a while or one that they have grown to feel less comfortable in, and into a role Or lifestyle that motivates and engages while at the same time enabling you to meet your business objectives.
Over a period of 3 coaching sessions totaling 5.5 hours we’ll work with your employee to explore, test and shape action plans to leverage their career and life goals.
Whilst each module is structured in its delivery, the solution is designed to flex to meet their and your needs – whether it’s via face to face coaching or video conferencing.
We also offer to video the coaching sessions so that they can review these on-line as many times as they like. This has proven to be very popular with our clients as a powerful way of recalling the process, reflecting on key areas and re-capturing the essence of their coaching sessions in their own time.
What your employee will walk away with:
Your employee may have already identified some of the below are already in place. The purpose is to qualify, align and formalise to set an achievable plan.
Life Goals – Preparing for your future:
Work & Life: Work Choice in context – for the purposes of this programme the first transition step towards Work & Life Choice is potentially ending full-time work. Work Choice can be at any age and stage of life.
Reflections on Work Choice: Challenge your assumptions and mindset about Work Choice. One size does not fit everyone.
The Psychology of Reinvention: Being clear. Understanding that Work Choice is a process not an event or destination. The benefits of starting earlier rather than later on your process transition.
Planning for Choice: Identity, Money, Health, Relationships and Lifestyle.
- Life Goals Action Plan (LGAP): Your high-level whole of life goals for the next stage of your life.
Preparation for your first meeting:
At least 24 hours in advance of your first meeting answer the questions you were provided and send them to your coach.
Coaching Session One
(Coach Time: 2.0 hours)
- Understanding what you want to achieve and where you’re currently at
- Relationships – inter-dependencies (personal and professional)
- Potential de-railers and enablers
- Overview of Module One contents, readings, exercises and resources
At least 48 hours in advance of your second meeting complete all Module One exercises and the first draft of your Life Goals Action Plan (LGAP).
Coaching Session Two
(Coach Time: 2.0 hours)
- Review your exercises
- Review your Life Goals Action Plan (LGAP)
- Overview of Module Two contents, readings, exercises and resources
Career Goals – Developing goals for the remainder of your career by leveraging your career assets and aligning these with your life goals:
Often when people stop working full-time they still want to do some kind of ‘work’, be it paid or unpaid. ‘Work’ in this context can mean any time you are using your talents, experience, time or wisdom for the benefits of others. This work could be a change from what you are doing now.
- Career Review and Stock Take: Includes identifying any career inhibitors, if they haven’t already arisen. Inhibitors can be addressed at this point, or any other point in the programme. The goal is to maximise your career opportunities.
- Career Drivers: Identifying your career drivers so that they can be used to evaluate future career options.
- Future Career Options: Thinking about your Life Goals and leveraging your career assets, identify future career options that you would like to explore.
- Career Goals Action Plan (CGAP): Your action plan for exploring the key career options that you want to do due diligence on. The Plan will enable you to make well informed decisions about each option, and help avoid making any career changes that you may later regret.
At least 48 hours in advance of your third meeting complete the Module Two exercises, your Career Goals Action Plan (CGAP), and your Life Goals Action Plan (LGAP) if you amended it after Session Two.
Coaching Session Three
(Coach Time: 1.5 hours)
- Review any changes you made to your Life Goals Action Plan (LGAP)
- Review your Career Goals Action Plan (CGAP)
- Commitment to executing your action plans
- Close-out of Career Leverage programme and coaching
There are three payment options available. You can pay the full amount in one payment or split the payment over three equal installments. If you elect to pay the full amount at once when registering your employee by credit card you will receive a $175.00 + GST discount.
At checkout select and pay $1,895 + GST by credit card at time of registration to receive a $175.00 + GST discount, or select payment on invoice (please provide all invoicing requirements including purchase order number when registering)
If you would prefer to split your payment into 3 equal installments, select $690 + GST by credit card at time of registration and we will invoice you in 2 equal monthly payments.
- First payment will be on registration.
- Second payment will be due one month following the first.
- Third and final payment will be due 2 months following the first.
Contact one of our coaches for a confidential discussion or e-mail info@MyCareerBrand.net